Saturday, August 31, 2013

12 years ago

Twelve years ago tonight I stood on the precipice of marrying at the age of 41 for the first time.  I was really rather naive to be honest about it, but I have to confess to you that it was probably one of the most precious events that ever has occurred in my life.  It is hard to explain if one has never been there.  I would not be able to understand it, as one who stood outside what the act of marriage would mean to my life.  I actually was not one throughout my life to be all about marriage, but then it happened.

I met Kevin.

What he means to me is much more than just the legal joining of man and wife by this society's standard.  I don't even think he could realize how much that fact that he loved me showed me what manner of love that God indeed has for us.  And I have to admit to you today even that God's love remains quite a wonderful mystery at times. 

I remember when we stood before the minister's in the wedding and as our union was blessed by this wonderful prayer, that it was almost as if he and I were ushered into the holy of holies, as all things of this world fell away and we stood there before God promising our love to each other.

Don't assume by any stretch that either of us were perfect, because we were not.  But whatever God did on that day, when the words "what God has joined together" were spoken-something about our love became perfect.

I believe that is true today.  That God is the love that made our crazy mix of love perfect.


I so wish the rest of the world could grasp what that means.  Here even almost four years after losing Kevin, I am just grasping a quarter of what the love of God has brought into my life by allowing me to share my life with such a wonderful man.


God Bless you my husband.  I will see you again.

Save a place for me.....right beside you love.


No comments:

Post a Comment