Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Prayer to My God

If my people, who are called by My Name Will humble themselves and Pray.........

It stands to reason that I would be thinking lately about how I need to pour out my heart to God in humility, because I think so many times I believe that my life is so important and I have so many things on my mind, that my agenda is all that matters.

Today....nothing else matters......today is the National Day of Prayer......and my heart is heavy,  It is far beyond political boundaries and personalities.  I know there is a Church that is in this country that shares with me a burden that we as a Nation turn back to God.  I pray today, this very beginning of this day that God will show mercy on the United States, and that we as a nation would humble ourselves before Him.  I pray for the leaders of this nation that are in the White House, the Congress, and all the state governors and legislators, the Supreme Court and any other person that is in a leadership role in our government.  I pray that they will seek You first.  If they do not know who You are, please show them, and as I pray for myself, please bring them to their knees before You.

I pray for the young men and women who are in harms way both overseas and in this country.  The word came over social media yesterday that these folks may be fighting a new battle in their ranks.  Help them to stand strong, and God you wake the folks up who are standing in the way of these men and women sharing their faith with their brothers and sisters in arms.

I pray for the young moms and dads that are in this nation trying to raise young ones up in a way that is right.  Give mom and dad the strength to daily impart their love to their children.  Help them to know what is right.

Be with those like me who are in that middle age group that maybe like I, think that we are too busy to give things like today a thought.  Help us to stop and pray for our nation today.

Be with the elderly in this land that are perhaps down physically, and are feeling a little lost and isolated in this world.  I ask you to walk near them, walk with them, and help them  to know that they are not alone.

Be with the situations where there have been aborted babies God.  Hold these little ones dear to Your Heart, and help those families to know that You love them as well.  I pray also for those who are caught in the sex trafficking business that lie within the boundaries of these United States and around the world.  Help the people who are fighting this problem to keep up the good fight and save these women and men involved in this new aged form of slavery.


Be with those in ministry.  You know my heart lies with Samaritans Purse.  Help those folks to stay strong and continue the fight to help those around the world.  Protect them from their enemies for Your names sake to be proclaimed.

I pray tonight for the young pastor from Utah (I think,, but You know) that is in Evin prison in Iran.  Grant him strength and be near him in his hour of need.  I still pray that you would give him a Paul and Silas moment, that those who are holding him would be astounded at Your Power.

I don't know if anyone else will read this or even continue this, but I just want you to know, as imperfect as I am God...I am listening..Please help me to continue to listen, and continue to believe in You.

I know because of the dream that I have that there may be many more storms to come for this nation.  But I know that there is a remnant, a Holy Bride, that is longing and seeking Your Face as we walk through this time.  This is way above just a warm fuzzy God, this is a fact.  We know that we need You.

God please Bless America Again..



No comments:

Post a Comment